Monday, April 5, 2010

Still at it....

Another week has come and gone, and I continue on my quest to process the Tzagournis collection. The work seems to be going more quickly, however. This is mostly due to a more systematic approach that I have adopted through trial, error, and numerous consultations with my mentor. I no longer am second guessing my decisions on what to keep and discard.....and I feel more confident in my ability to organize the seemingly endless stacks of memos, letters, photographs, videos, cassette tapes, etc.

My main accomplishment so far with regard to the Tzagournis collection has been to significantly decrease the number of boxes required to store the collection. This is a good thing as it produces a more streamlined, accessible collection for users....and the decrease in storage containers frees up more space in the depository where space is always at a premium.

In addition to my work on the Tzagournis items, I continue to browse through boxes in the Jesse Owens collection. I have identified numerous items which will be scanned and converted to digital formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment